Question
Posted by: lolo | 2010/03/12

celltone

Hi doc

I suffer from occasional breakouts which leave me with ugly scars, so I wanted to try celltone.I need to know if it really works. I need something that will help me with pimples &  get rid of scars.

regards
lolo

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lolo, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but we have just returned from our London clinic.

This is a difficult question to answer as there are no specific medical studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of CellTone products with acne and scarring.
The best approach would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner with a special interest in acne so that the skin can be examined and the best treatment options can be discussed.

Further information can be found on my webpage: www.dralek.co.za and click under the RESOURCES TAB the ACNE & SKIN BUTTON. One can visually grade your acne and from there the best treatment options can be found under the TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS.

Generally speaking the treatment of acne scars is dependent on the depth of the scar and the type of scar. Mild scarring may respond well to superficial chemical peels (NeoStrata Glycolic Acid) while medium and deep scars need fractional ablative laser or fractional ablative radio-frequency treatments for adequate improvement. One may also use dermal fillers to help lift the depressed scar areas.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/03/18

Reply to anti-ageing expert