Question
Posted by: Helpless and Humiliated | 2012/03/19

Cellphone pornography

Hi Doc,

I need urgent help. I am addicted to pornography on my cellphone. I don''t know why, but I visit these sites often. It feels like I am out of control.

My wife discovered these images (hidden) on my phone and she confronted me about this. I promised her that I would stop, but I started again.

I feel dirty and I don''t know what to do.

I need help.

OK, you are absolutely NOT "addicted" to any such thing you have developed a bad habit, and can change that. The current fashion for causing bad habits an "addiction" is utterly unhelpful. Especially because it suggests that you somehow "need" the stuff and cant rather than won't stop it.
Isn't it possible to set your phone to block those sites, maybe with your wife keeping the password to stop you from changing the settings back ?
If you really don't enough want to stop looking at minute naughty pictures, do see a counsellor with CBT methods who can help you give up the bad habit, as well as helping you to rediscover the pleasures of appreciating your wife.

2
Posted by: Aldus | 2012/03/19

Hey dude, i used to have them on my phone but the novelty died off. i realised there are millions out there having sex, there are millions out there with different body types and all this is just a fact of life and i can''t see all of it. there is nothing glamorous about it anyway. In marriage you don''t only get to have sex you get to make love. it is far better than those poor sods making porn videos/photos thinking they can make a fool out of you and confuse you to get your money.

Reply to Aldus