Question
Posted by: Razz | 2012-08-28

celestamine .25mg

hi
is it okay to use celestamine tablets while breastfeeding? I''ve developed rush all over my body. went to adoctor, she prescribed some cream to apply, it didn''t work when I went back 5 days later she gave the same cream together with these tablets. I was cecking on internet if it''s safe while feeding a small baby and it doesn''t seem to be. I''ve been taking them for 3 days now, 4 tablets in 24 hours. I''m now scared to continue, my baby is 5 weeks

Razz

Celestamine can have an effect on your baby. The safety of Celestamine during breastfeeding has not been established. Celestamine contains a cortico-steroid, which in turn can have a negative effect on your baby's hormonal development. The anti-histamine in Celestamine can cause sleepiness in your baby, as well as poor feeding.

1

Hi..doc im a user of celestamine its effective on me but ive read on ur column the bad effects.can u pls give me an alternative medicine for my cold allergy?