CD4 Count and Viral load

Hi There

I recently had some kind of a bad reaction to a diet suppliment which lead me to get blood tests done. I found out i was HIV Positive. I have decided not to dwell on the past and look forward. I had my CD4 count and viral load tests done a week later (after daignosis) and was told i have a 374 CD4 Count and 19000 viral load. I just wanted to know whether my suppressed immune system could be a result of my reaction to the suppliment. I have always been a regular tester so its likely to be a new infection.

Expert ImageArchive

It would hightly unlikely that the CD4 and viral load count is related to a supplement 'reaction'.

You don't mention what sort of reaction or which specific supplement and it may just be that the 'reaction' may have been secondary to you new diagnosis??