Posted by: anxious | 2010-01-10

I was just wondering. Do malaria symptoms come on suddenly and when should one consult a doctor if you think you might have it, i.e. is the development of high fever the most noticeable symptom? I have 1 Mefliam left to take next week - I was in KP for 5 nights in Dec and it was extremely hot and there had been lots of rain both before and while we were there. Also, with winter coming up, if I get flu type illness should I still have a malaria test to be sure it' s not that?

The most noticeable symptom is a very high fever of 39 degrees celsius and even higher. These fever bouts usually come around acutely and every third day. If you suspect malaria, you should have the blood test done, when you are experiencing a bout of fever. Please refer to the following link regarding malaria: