Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008-11-29

CD

Doc

I went to Cape Town the last week with my parents - got back late Wed pm this week - was away a week - we drove and came back via Upington - where it was seriously hot (I guess what you would expect there this time of year - 39/40!). I was drinking as much as I could. I went for my routine monthly blood/urine tests this am - Sat - my urine sample seemed very dark - but did not have any strong smell - I gave up long ago guessing about whether my urine samples are showing any possible problems - I leave that to my gp/lab to determine! I just present myself to my gp if I have any worrying symptoms - he is always prompt in dealing with it, even if it is minor because of my chronic kidney problems (my having 1 kidney). I had a liver test a month or two ago because of the high doses of Aspavor I am on - 60mg but did not have one today, Apart from having on/off nausea (not ongoing like I have most of the time if I have a positive infection) and really suffering with this heat I dont really have any symptoms. Is this dehydration or possibly a kidney stone problem and would either pose a problem for me because of my 1 kidney? I only get my results Mon pm. Ok maybe I am not drinking enough water, does this pose a problem for my condition?

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Your question is not clear to me but the darker concentrated urine can be due to the fact that you did not consume enough water. How much water do you consume per day? Also be so kind as to provide me with your last urine and blood test results.

Kind regards