Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/10/21

CD

I woke up Thurs am last week with a terribly sore back. I figured it was just muscle spasm and took 2 Norflex co. tablets (my pharmacist said to me before its ok for me to take them for spasm - I cant take any anti-inflamms because of my one kidney) but it didnt seem to help. Not knowing my gp was away, I phoned his locum Fri am in desperation for stopayne (I went to Umhlanga for weekend - what heaven!) and he suggested going for an injection - I am sorry I never took him up on the offer - I didnt have the time though) I got home last night and it wasnt better this am so I went to see him - he said its not muscle spasm I have but something like pain in the sacro loint where it joins the pelvis. It was soo sore when he pressed on the area. He have ma a Celestone-Soluspan inj and something else (not anti-inflammatory) any idea what it could have been? Can' t remember what he said! The paint is much better!

I am soo irritatted - its stopping me from going to my Walk for Life classes - have already missed so many from being away. Oh and by the way - that question I asked about COPD - its my step-dad who was diagnosed with it. While in Umhlanga he, without doubt, managed better - he took off the oxygen often for short periods and was absolutely fine.

Thanks as always for help.

Hallo Anxious
It is probably inflammation of the joint between the spine and the hip bone - could be due to an injury or just overexertion.
You can also rub the area with voltaren Jel