Question
Posted by: DS | 2009/08/25

CBT Some More

Morning Doc

So thanks for sending me to the anxiety and depro thing, got a number for a therapist round the corner from me. Anyway the first session is an hour, and then its half hourly... at R520 a pop...

Does the half hourly thing sound right to you?

It can do, but of course you need to discuss this with your therapist. Properly done, CBT includes a lot of homework for you to do ( which doesn't need to be done and indeed cannot be done during the session ) and then the results are reviewed in the session, with new plans set for the next stage of your work. You are much more active in CBT, which is something most people find agreeable