Question
Posted by: Bongi | 2010/03/18

CBT feedback

So the site is open then - have they fixed it?

Anyway - I went for my first CBT session last night. I was so pleasantly surprised. The therapist engages with you - you are not the only one talking (which makes it less scary). He is more like a facilitator, which was so helpful for me. I learned so much about how my mind works. And the thing about it is that he looks for the seed of your behaviours, not cure the symptoms like the other the people I have seen. He makes it very practical and gives practical examples, unlike just being told " you must love yourself"  but not being told how. Now I must do my homework because I have another session next week. He gave me homework - how encouraging.

I don't know whether they've fixed it - I haven't heard a thing. But I'm trying to work on responding when I can, before the daft system kicks me off again. The most annying thing isn't just being thrown out of my own room, but that it then doesn't let me log back in, and ignores the sound of my tiny white fists hammering on the door !
Thanks so much for your feedback - and you've already noticed some of what I like about CBT. It treats you like an intelligent adult, gives homework, so you are a large part of the solution, and it deals with practicalities and literal issues, rather than wishy=-washy advice that sounds great but is impossible to do. ( if you need to be told to "love yourself", its not simply because you never thought of the idea, and you can't just walk out and do it ).
Sounds like you're going to do really well with this !

1