Question
Posted by: cbt | 2009-03-26

cbt doc

please recomend a cbt doc around durbs i cant live like this no more i sometimes wish i had aids then how i am suffering right now, i was also diagnosed like year of major depression and i am not taking medication because i used to feel very soft and not alive please help me i am feelng very bad and i scared now,

Hi. I can't keep track of where docs are and what they do, but the Anxiety/Depression Support Group ( number on this page ) seems to manage and can recommend some of the CBT doc's in your area --- some are listed on their web-page, too. I'm sure, whatever our problem is, you can indeed work towards feeling much better --- and don't ever wish you had AIDS, which couldn'\t possibly improve the situation one little bit ! medication can indeed help --- if the meds you tried didn't suit you, different meds would probably work better for you.
Maybe in the first place, you should see a good local psychiatrist for a re-assessment to clarify what exactly needs to be dealt with, and then plan the best way of dealing with it, probably including CBT with some carefully chosen medication

1
Posted by: Jackie | 2009-03-30

Try Simone Slabbert 031 -201 6508

Reply to Jackie