Posted by: DS | 2009-08-24

CBT Again

SO despite my great effort im coming up blank WRT to tracking down a CBT therapist. I have contacted FAMSA who dont even know what CBT is, made an tentative booking with them, their waiting list is very long. The lady says maybe the therapists apply the CBT method while consulting. Having said that she cannot refer me to a PVT person who does CBT...

Surely something that you recommend so much and speak so freely of, shouldnt be so hard to come by...

Im stuck! HELP ME PLEASE DOC :-)

Good grief ! FAMSA in-house training is seriously negligent if they don't know what CBT is ! Maybe bnot all counsellors are trained to practice it, but any counsellor who doesn't know about it is incompetent, too. HAve you tried calling the Anxiety-Depression Support Group ? A while back I checked out their web-site, and they listed many therapists around the country, noting those who did offer CBT