Question
Posted by: CAT | 2010/05/27

CBT

Long time .. I need to urgently see somebody like you advised before for CBT I have tried now through my own GP but most of the ones she referred me is fully booked. If you have somebody that is in Pretoria East that would be able to see me asap .. I took overdose yesterday and I was fortunate that it irretated my stomach and it came out and I just realised that that is not my option..

Its a pity that so many shrinks seem fully booked and with long waiting times - in my days we always kept open booking times for people who needed to be seen urgently, hut this seems rarer nowadays.
If you have been depressed to the point of taking an OD, then you need to be seen as an emergency, and it is irresponsible for local shrinks not to be able to do so. CBT may turn out to be really useful for you, but in this emergency stage, maybe you need a better assessment and perhaps caefully chosen medication, as well.
I cannot for many excellent reasons, recommend specific shrinks - and anyway, your GP knows them - neither of us knows who might be available

1