Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/06/04

CBT

Hi Cybershrink - first I want to say thank you for ALL your assistance during the years and if memory serves me correct its been awhile. I am turning 30 tomorrow and this is a big thing for me.

I often feel most of my issues from the past is resolved and then somedays I feel nothing is resolved. I do suffer on and off from depression and this really affect my life, my relationship - I dont feel I experience the full essence of life.

I want to be responsible and get my life in order but sometimes I feel much older for my age and confused.

I am considering to go for CBT therapy but could not find someone in the Southern Suburbs Western Cape only one person for R300 a hour and you have to pay upfront. Is CBT something you can teach yourself.

I cant stick to goals I set for myself and cant help depression creeping in I do know hormones also play a roll.

It makes me feel so unhuman that I have all these issues.....

Thanks, K. I'm just about young enough to remember turning 30 ! And when I began this concept of Expert Forums, it was before Mweb existed, and you had to explain what the Internet was. I remember the CEO of a major drug compnay airily told me his company "was already on the internet" and, when I checked this out, found this meant one secretary had a personal email address !
Interesting reflections on your side. Ever think that maybe some of those depressions are PART of that full essence of life one needs to experience ? You are not unhuman for having "all these issues" --- maybe someone without issues is the person who's not fully human yet.
As for CBT, there are a number of self-help CBT based books I have sen which seem useful, some of which I have listed in the forum before, especially a British series in paperback. Check on Kalahari.net, as they have a book sale on right now ! And almost sane, try the Anxiety/Depression Support group's website which last time I looked seemed to list a number of CBT practitioners

1
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/04

anyone answering, i need sumone in Joburg.

Reply to almost mad