Question
Posted by: Trixie | 2008/09/05

Cauterization of cervix

I had a cauterization of my cervix this morning under general aenesthetic.

I didn' t get to see the gynae after the procedure. How long must I wait before I can have sex?

I have been advised to use a douce each night for a month. I work shifts, which includes night shifts, so will it be okay to go to work after using the douce?

You don't say what the cauterisation was done for. If it was for an erosion, you should wait till there is no bleeding at all or at least a week, whichever is longer. If it was done for another reason, you may need to wait longer before having sex.
It is fine to go to work after douching. It if it easier you could douche in the morning when you come home from work.