Question
Posted by: beauty | 2009/10/09

causes of miscarriage

im 39 years old i have just had a seven weeks miscarriage where i bled for almos a month. what could have caused this because l had a sussessful pregnancy and had a baby girl last year. in january 2009 what could have caused the bleeding.

Dear Beauty

Every pregnancy has a chance of miscarriage; the average chance of miscarriage for every pregnancy is approximately 12%. The most common cause of early miscarriages is chromosomal abnormalities. It has been found that women over the age of 35 may have a higher risk of having chromosomally abnormal embryos and therefore a higher risk of having miscarriages. You are now 39 years old and therefore your risk of miscarriages in every pregnancy would be higher than average. In your particular case, I would not be able to stipulate exactly as to what caused the miscarriage however we can assume it was probably related to what I mentioned before.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear Beauty

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert