Question
Posted by: Roxanne | 2010-03-25

Cause of UTI

Hi Doc,

I suffer from UTI on a regular basis.. I think I have narrowed the cause down to sex with my husband.
I would just like to find out why this is so?
I only seem to get "  severe"  UTI when my husband and I do it "  doggy style"  (for lack of a better word)
It is perhaps possible that my husband''''s penis is touching my bladder ( would have no idea if this is possible!)
They last for about 4-5 days (on anti-biotics)
Just want to know how to prevent this?
Any ideas.

Thanks,

Roxanne

Dear Roxanne,

There are multiple factors that contribute to UTI in women and needs to be monitored by your Dr.

One consideration regarding your association between severe UTI and doggie style sexual position is whether during sex you husband also stimilutes you anally with his penis, then also penetrates you vaginally and the penis also slides across the urethral opening during the sexual act. If this is so and you have not douched analy in preparation for it, it may happen that some feacal matter can be transferred in the process and result in a severe UTI.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-03-25

Dear Roxanne,

Reply to Sexologist