Question
Posted by: Roxanne | 2010/03/25

Cause of UTI

Hi Doc,

I suffer from UTI on a regular basis.. I think I have narrowed the cause down to sex with my husband.
I would just like to find out why this is so?
I only seem to get " severe"  UTI when my husband and I do it " doggy style"  (for lack of a better word)
It is perhaps possible that my husband''s penis is touching my bladder ( would have no idea if this is possible!)
They last for about 4-5 days (on anti-biotics)
Just want to know how to prevent this?
Any ideas.

Thanks,

Roxanne

Hallo Roxanne
Try:
Both washing genital areas with soap and water before sex. ( What about taking a bath together to start the fire?) (He may be transferring bacteria from the anal area to the opening of the urethra by the way you have sex). Go to the toilet directly after having sex and pass urine to flush any possible bacteria out. Take some citrosoda/cranberry juice about an hour before you plan to have sex (if possible!) or ask your doctor to prescribe some antibiotics that you can take as a once off dose to prevent infection.
Hope this helps

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/25

Hallo Roxanne
Try:
Hope this helps

Reply to cyberdoc