Question
Posted by: John | 2010-07-30

Q.

Caught my 13 year old daughter masterbating - please help me

I feel a bit embarrest but I found my teenage daughter masterbating while watching porn. As a father I feel I need to punish her for watching porn but if i do that she will know i saw her masterbating. I have taught her about the birds and the beas. Is this normal for girls to do this so often or has our society got worse. Am I such a bad father?

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi John

No this does not make you a bad father. Parenting is a very imperfect, imprecise science!

What is happening here is not at all unusual, but access to pornography needs attending to. If it is internet based there are a number of free programmes you can download so that any computers at home block sites not suitable for children and young people under the age of 18.

I would not necessarily confront her about it, but rather put the blocks on your computer.

3
user comments

C.

Common for teens your not a bad father. to tell the truth I read a review online and it says that boys masturbates more than girls when your hormones start kickin in they get more into sexual things THATS NORMAL !!! Going on those porn sites are dangerous but keep in mind that most teens watch it to for pleasure because of their hormones. Don't get too worked up on this just keep monitoring her searches there is always a gravity of how bad things are if she watches softporn don't get too worked up at all most teens go through this stage in life. Remember growing up is about making mistakes GOOD LUCK HOPE THIS WILL HELPS NOTE 90% of teens do this ...been there done that!

Posted by: buddie | 2010-07-30

You are not a bad father, have you done it at that age? Destubing for me is, where is the mother, if you are devorce, get a woman , like a schoolteacher to talk to her.The mastrubating is normal, the porno wathcing not, but there is no way that you will be able to stop the watching, if you dont want to follow any of the above, just tell her that porn is not such a good choice. But you must work very diplomatic sothat she does not know that you saw her watching it.

Reply to buddie
Posted by: Lee | 2010-07-30

You are a good father, pretend you don''t know about it. do you know where she got the port from, if it is yours , hide it better. Just like boys, girl also explore there bodies and mastrubate, and there is nothing wrong with it, welll I am not blind yet.

It doesn''t really matter where she got it from, if they want to get hold of it, they will get hold of it, it is all about the hormones kicking in and curiosity, we all go through it. What would you rather have, her mastrubating of experimenting with a boy. It is normal and respect her privacy.

Reply to Lee

Want to comment?