Posted by: Just me | 2009-01-13

During the past Dec holidays I was caught by my mother while I was masturbating. I was stark naked on the bed when she entered the caravan. I am 40 year male and she is 60. She just carry on as if nothing was wrong. I felt stupid - she said that it is normal and that she has no problem seeing me naked nor playing with my penis. At least I am still healthy and can still enjoy sexual pleasure. I don' t know how to react or how to face her. Everytime afterwards I saw her I want to die. Can someone please help me.

It sounds as if your mother’s age wisdom is on her side. Are you feeling ashamed of the fact that you masturbate or it is just the humiliation of being “caught” or seen, by your mother, doing it?

What you can start is to keep on reminding yourself that your mother does not have a problem with it - that might assist you in facing her and also carrying on with day to day life – masturbation is normal at any age and should not be frowned upon or one should not feel ashamed about enjoying it. If you feel that you need professional guidance to just assist you in achieving some level of emotional calmness it could be a good route to pursue.

Time is also a wonderful healer!
You are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful:

Posted by: J | 2009-01-13

Understandable that you felt embarrassed when the kids walked in on you, but what you did was completely normal, don' t worry about it. As far as your mother is concerned, she should jump into the sea, what the hell has she got to say about such a normal situation, bugger her.

Reply to J
Posted by: Embarresed | 2009-01-13

At least your mother understands. I' m a 48 yr divorcee + my bf + I were doing it on the lounge carpet. My 2 teenage daughters were supposed 2 b sleeping over at friends but came back home 4 something - they have their own keys.Yes we were stark naked + giving it a full go so they saw everything. They were VERY upset + told my mom. That was 2 mths ago + mom is still upset with me. The girls have at least cooled off now. I just have 2 live with it but bf + I r NOT giving up our sex life. We r hust more careful now.

Reply to Embarresed