Question
Posted by: Sam | 2011/03/31

Cats teeth

My cat is 11 years old. I want to give it something to clean its teeth. Is Greenies ok to give a cat thats on a cd diet? Otherwise what are my other options? He is aggressive so I wouldnt want to ''brush his teeth''.

Hi Sam
Yes, you can give greenies to your cat and it is a very affective way to get rid of plaque. The added benefit is that cats usually love it! Making it a lot easier attempting tooth brushing :)

5
Posted by: Sam | 2011/03/31

Yes, you are right. Will have to do that.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Chill | 2011/03/31

Trouble is, bad teeth are bad for far more than just the teeth - apart from potential nutritional deficiencies through not being able to eat properly, there are also other potentially serious health issues involved, including possible cardiac problems.
Here''s what I''d do: talk to the vet and get him to give you a (mild) tranquilliser for the cat, to be administered before you take him along. This will lessen the stress for the cat, the vet and for you, all in one go.
Worth a try?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Sam | 2011/03/31

Thanks for your reply. My cat is deaf and highly strung. He gets very aggressive when we try to take him to the vet. Some vets have even turned him away before. So I have a unique situation here. I wish there were more products to try as there are for dogs.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Chill | 2011/03/31

I''ve heard mixed reports on Greenies. Normally, the dry catfood helps to keep teeth in good shape, but of course when taking the cat for vaccinations it''s always a good idea to get the vet to look in its mouth. If there is a serious tartar problem, something chewable isn''t going to be enough, unfortunately - he may have to have them professionally scaled.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011/03/31

Hi Sam

Reply to CyberVet