Question
Posted by: Louie | 2009/08/24

Cats scratch furniture

hi, have three cats, they have toys and scratch poles etc all over house but they still scratch our couches. throws seem to help, but you have to cover every inch of the couch in order to deter them. we bought new couches, really don' t want them to scratch it. any ideas please??

Dear Louie

Do some research on Feliway. I think this may help.

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/08/27

Go to the Angel Paws website and order it cat claw covers online. I bought it for one of my cats (I have 5 cats!). It is claw covers that are glued over their nails. Good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/08/26

dont get cats. cats scratch. its a fact of life. if you want cats dont get expensive furniture. The End

Posted by: Just M | 2009/08/25

I used fine black pepper. Sprinkle it on the corners of the couch and leve it. When you see that the cats got used to not scratching the couches, you can just vacuum it off. Worked like a charm.

Reply to Just M
Posted by: Louie | 2009/08/24

thanx, sounds like fun :) what happens when you' re not there? isn' t there some spray or something one can spray onto the couches that isn' t harmful to the pets or furniture?

Reply to Louie
Posted by: GD Mom | 2009/08/24

Hi Louie, I bought a water pistol (toy) and let rip with it every time they sharpened their claws. Worked fantastically well.

Reply to GD Mom
Posted by: GD Mom | 2009/08/24

Reply to GD Mom