Question
Posted by: Rina Watkins | 2012/10/23

Cats exsesive hair loss year round

Welcome " our new Cybervet"  Please, please, help me, I have a +- 1 1/2 yr old Siamese cat that i got from the SPCA a year ago, but her hair falls out all the time, she has no fleas, totally an indoor cat only goes out when i am with her to walk on the lawn outside, eats well (no human food) I brush her as often as possible, and the amount of hair that comes out is amazing, yet she has no bald spots. is she lacking something - she is quite a nervous little cat, but then the most playfull as well. pls let me know what i can do for her. Thank you. Rina

Shedding of hair is a normal process that occurs every day and varies in degree due to factors like your cat's age, her diet, and the season. If there are no bald spots on your cat, then it might just be normal shedding.
Cats with long hair may require the occasional bath if their fur gets too oily. Their fur can get too oily based on climate conditions and the individual skin of the cat.
Ask you veterinarian for advice and use a cat shampoo recommended by your vet.

3
Posted by: Yadira | 2012/11/25

People call Canada a cheaper veisro of the US for a reason. If you are an American as well, you are actually one of those people that American corporations hate. They call people like you demanding and they prefer to hire Canadians because they''re willing to work for lower salaries. Hey, maybe you want to learn that from Canadians as well. Even if the US does adopt the Canadian system, liberals like you are going to BITCH about the waiting time anyway. You know it! LOL

Reply to Yadira
Posted by: Angie | 2012/11/06

My cat has been scratching alot lately. His hair has thinned on his hind legs and stomach. He has what looks like scabs and tiny little red spots all over him. He very seldom has a tiny little bit of milk, otherwise his on pellets (Montego). What could this be?

Reply to Angie
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/10/24

Reply to CyberVet