Question
Posted by: Zitha | 2012/03/01

Cats and Dogs

I am moving from houses tomorrow and i am so scared that my 2 cats will run away! I decided to take them to my mother''s house to get my bedroom ready in the new house first thing so they can be relaxed while we get the rest of the house ready. Is this a good idea? How long should i keep them in the house so they can get use to the new environment?

I have 2 poodles that is not potty trained and decided not to let them in the house during the day. Everytime i take them outside to do their thing they just look at me doing nothing and the second they are in the house they will poo or uninate! It is driving me crazy and the house stinks. I want to prevent a stinking house at my new home. Will they learn if i keep them outside and only be inside at night? I tried to learn them to go outside but i have the most stubborn dogs (2 years old)! Please help!

Hi Zitha

Yes, I do think that it is a good idea to take the cats to your mothers. In addition it is important that you take some of your belongings so that the cats feel at ease in their new environment. Enrich their environment with cat toy’s, cat nip e.t.c to keep them busy. Keep them in the house for 1-2 weeks so they can get adjusted to their new surroundings.

I think that you will need the help of qualified animal trainer/behaviorist to assist you with the training of your poodles. It is important that you have a consultation and training in this matter.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/03/13

Hi Zitha

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet