Question
Posted by: Karlyn | 2010/03/15

Catheter

Can inserting a catheter cause my water to break when prepping me for a c-section? I keep thinking the urine hole has nothing to do with where the baby will come out of but it is at all possible that when they insert the catheter into my urine hole it could cause my water to break?

No it is not possible. The opening of the bladder is in a differnt place to the waters.

2

Posted by: MomE | 2010/03/15

No, there is no way that it could break your water. What you could do, if your Gynae agrees, is to ask them to only insert the catheter in the theatre, after the spinal block has been done. That way, you don''t feel anything and your gynae is right there, should there be a problem.

Reply to MomE