Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2009/10/27

Catfood and feeding schedule

I have two male cats(domestic short hair). Both are neutered. One is about 6 years old and the other one about 2 and a half.
I used to feed them Hills Catfood twice a day and they also had some to snack on during the day. They only drink water.
We moved to a new house a few months ago and started having problems with a stray cat peeing in the house and eating the food and fighting with my cats. We have tried to catch him but no luck yet. My biggest problem at the moment is that I was forced to switch catfood to a cheap brand because I had to buy twice as much food since the other cat is around, which didn' t work well on our budget since Hills is expensive. My cats hate the cheap food and I feel terrible giving it to them. They don' t like wet food either. I decided that I need to go back to the Hills for their health, but do you have any advice for me regarding my problem? Should I feed them under supervision and take away whatever is left? Also, how much do I need to feed them at a time and how many times a day? Because we have a open field around the house I have to look for ticks every day and usually find a few. Should I use the frontline glass tube and the spray to prevent this? Will frontline take away the ticks and fleas completly because we have a two year old son and he loves playing with the cats. I always have to look carefully for ticks when I give him his bath because I have found one on him before but luckily he didnt'  get sick.

Dear Jen

Stick to Hills and use Frontline. All the other info you will find on the Hills bag and frontline packet.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2009/10/28

I give roughly a small handfull at each meal and remove any left overs as I have 6 cats and the fat ones will munch the left overs so I guess it would work for you.
I would also stick to a strict frontline programe of avery 4 weeks to keep the ticks at bay.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/10/27

Dear Jen

Reply to Cybervet