Question
Posted by: Di | 2011-09-20

Cat with white ears

Hi, I have a 5year old male cat with white ears.
His ears are always full of small sores and scabes during winter and summer time.....During summer time I put on sun tan lotion with a high factor, but it dont help much. He licks it off.

Can you recommed something that I can use to protect his ears?

Di.

Hi Di

Please try and limit outdoor activity during period of peak solar intensity.

If there are sore apparent on the ears then it maybe advisable to get the lesions check out due to the fear of squamous cell carcinomas – your the vet will be able to advise you on medical/surgical procedures.

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011-09-23

Hi Di

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet