Posted by: Jansje | 2008-12-02

Cat with eating problem

I have a 3 year old black neutered male cat that just can' t seem to gain any weight. He is very thin and I have notice that after he eats something it almost sounds like he is going to throw up or cough a hairball. This makes that he is not eating much and I am concerned for his well being. What could be causing this and what can I do to help him.

Dear Jansje

If worming and a good quality cat food re Hills or Royal Canin do not help, go to a vet.

Posted by: felicity | 2008-12-02

What is he eating and are you giving him anything to help with hairball. Either put him on a hairball diet, give him animalax or laxapet, deworm him and if he shows no sign of improving take him to the vet.

Reply to felicity