Posted by: Ren | 2010-02-22

Cat with dislocated " toe/claw" 

Hi doc

Xrays have shown that my cat has a dislocated toe. His foot was bandaged but he managed to remove the bandage on his own! Now he''s moving around with a limp.
Is it ok to leave him without the dressing? He''s a very active cat. Secondly, how long does such an injury take to heal?

Dear Ren

Should be fine without the bandage, 6 weeks.

Posted by: Dawn Ball | 2016-07-13

Our kitten got his toe stuck in between the cage and it was twisted upside down the vet said it will need to be amputated. Is there anything we can do to save his toe. Will it heal on its own. Please help

Reply to Dawn Ball
Posted by: HeatherLynn | 2014-11-18

My 3~4mnth old kitty got his paw caught in a bike gear today, thankgod I!, which seems to have dislocated his toe and claw. I gave him.the solitude he was.desiring after I freed him. I returned.home 5 hours later and he was acting able and affectionate again until I cleaned the injury softly with a wet cottonball. Im wondering if I shud bandage his paw because he is still growing or give it, as I've read here, 6 weeks to heal itself? I would like any helpful suggestions plez. Thankyou

Reply to HeatherLynn

My 14 yr old tabby has dislocated one of her front toes. The vet has recommended removal of the toe. Is there any possibility it will heal by itself without surgery? Regards Pamela

Posted by: M. E. | 2013-12-02

Our cat was limping last week. We took her to the vet. X-rays revealed no fracture but "possible" dislocation. Vet wrapped her paw & said ideally it should stay on 5-7 days. Our cat has Not taken it off. Today is Day 7 w/ it on. I asked Vet what happens if she is still limping after that time? She mentioned maybe having a surgeon see it! Question: Are we better off Leaving it wrapped a bit longer? OR, If we Do take wrap off & she is still limping, is there a possibility that it can go into place? I see your reply to Ren that it could take 6 weeks? Really worried.....Any input appreciated. Many thanks. M.E.

Reply to M. E.
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-02-25

Dear Ren

Reply to Cybervet