Question
Posted by: BonBon | 2008/08/28

Cat urinating in the house

I have 5 cats and only one of them urinates/ excretes in the house. Most often the urinating is on the couch (leather). Could there be a reason for this and what can I do to make her stop?

Dear BonBon

Take her to the vet to rule out a bladder infection or crystals. If negative you are dealing with a cat that feels stress somewhere, inside of outside. To combat this stress do the following.
Buy a Feliway diffuser and a feliway spray- intructions in box.
But food out in lots of small plates on and around the area that she urinates, cats dont wee on thier food.
Buy a covered litter box for privacy. If something is stressing her outside she will not use the garden.