Question
Posted by: Errol T Van Renen | 2010-09-10

Cat swallowing &  inhaling its fur

I have a 10 year old semi-feral male cat that spends ALL its waking time licking its very fine fur. Although I feed it Anti-hairball pellets, I''m convinced that it has breathed the fur into its air passages &  lungs because it has coughing /sneezing fits for as many as 40 times at any one time &  wheezes when it sleeps. Whilst I can control its fur intake from mouth to stomach &  out, I dont know what to do about its inhalation of fur

Hi Errol

It is unlikely that you cat is inhaling hair into it's lungs. Your cat is obviously suffering from excessive licking which could be stress related. I would also advise that you demat/brush your cat on a reqular basis. It is difficult advise on the wheezing - maybe feline asthma, cardiac e.t.c. Please visit you vet for a check-up.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-09-10

Hi Errol

Reply to CyberVet