Posted by: Cat lover | 2009-03-24

Cat suddenly alot more affectionate

My cat (bombay breed) has suddenly become alot more affectionate - he has become my shadow - following me everywhere, and constantly wanting to cuddle. He sits right on my chest or tries to go under the blankets and he normaly will cuddle for a minute or so then he wants to be on his own

I have been sick over the last week so I dont know if it is possible that he senses it? I am not the only one experiencing this phenomenon - a few of my friends I have spoken to have also said their cats are doing the same thing. Is it something about this time of year? Its really not cold enough for them to be seeking us out as heated furnature!

Dear Cat lover

My guess would be that your cat knows that you are not well.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-03-24

Thats odd .. now that you mention it my crew are doing the same thing .. I had 8 cats on the bed last night .

The nights in our area are getting chilly tho .... and your kitty' s response to you now is almost certainly because you have been sick.

Reply to Carol