Question
Posted by: Gogga | 2010/02/16

cat self-mutilates

I' m desperate. My cat suddenly started attacking her own tail in December and bit it so badly that pieces of it have had to be amputated twice. She bites, howls and runs around like a mad thing, presumably from pain.
She' s been diagnosed as not being lekker in the head, or having a possible allergic reaction to mosquito bites.

It' s now been going well for a while but last night she started howling and running around and biting again. It started while I was stroking her back. Now I' m wondering if there could be something wrong with her spine that refers pain to the tail?
Because of this I' m broke and stressed out and haven' t had a good night' s sleep in months. I really don' t know what to do anymore. I can' t afford more operations!

Dear Gogga

You get a collar impregnated with hormones to calm cats down, also consider a Feliway diffuser.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/16

Dear Gogga

Reply to Cybervet