Question
Posted by: Tania | 2008/08/28

Cat scratching furniture

An adult cat recently decided that my place will be the place for her to stay. I have decided to keep her but is frustrated about the fact that she is ruining my furniture by scratching it. I have a garden full of trees which she can use to sharpen her nails but this does not seem to help. What can I do to prevent her from scratching my furniture? She is the only cat in the house.

Dear Tania

Buy Feliway spray - instructions on label, scratch post with catnip, toys etc.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

You can provide a scratching post, but I doubt it will do the trick. Keep her out of the rooms with the furniture she mustn' t scratch, unless you' re there to supervise!

Reply to Chill