Posted by: Ruby | 2009-02-21

Cat Scratch and pregnancy?

Hello Dr,
I am about 17 weeks pregnant. I have a problem with my cat sometimes scratching and biting me. Last time I saw my doctor, there was small scratches on my legs from her and he said that I should be carefull, cause there is a disease called cat scratch. Yesterday my cat attacked my legs again, but this time giving me a really bad scratch. It was bleeding a bit and I immediately cleaned it with detol. Its deep and about 4cm long. Today its sore and infected. Am I at risk for getting anything that could be harmfull to my baby? Do I need to see a doctor about this? Is there any treatment for this while being pregnant? Thanks very much doctor. Regards Ruby

I recommend that you consult the doctor for an examination, in the light of the wound being infected/inflamed. There can be serious risk to you and your baby if you contract cat scratch disease.

Kind regards

Posted by: Ruby | 2009-02-23

Thanks very much for the advice :-) R

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: sharon | 2009-02-22

cut your cats nails.

Reply to sharon