Posted by: Lisa | 2009-05-28

Hello Dr Bets! Its Me again!

I havent spoken to you since a week ago when I said I was feeling sick with the erythromycin. As you know I changed to the suspension. Well its going much better now! Not sick from it anymore. Think I was still feeling sick from the capsules the first time I took the suspension.
My next check-up was today. She says my eye is looking a bit better than 2 weeks ago but there is not a major improvement. I surely dont notice any improvement anymore because how fast the improvement was and now its so slooooooooooow.
And guess what???
is bartonella a bacteria they have to culture?
my next check up is in 3 weeks. my doctor says she hopes there are results then. if it is cat-scratch then they will probably put me on steriods. they cant take the chance without knowing.
they doubt my eye will ever return to normal though because there may be scarring, but they said that when i first went to the hospital my vision was so poor, that their prognosis was very low, and my vision has exceeded their expectations in how much it would improve. so thats good atleast. i guess we can only hope for a miracle though, right?

enjoy your weekend.

Hi Lisa
Which lab did they use for the test and did they send away blood?They can do a PCR test, antibody test and culture and it seems as if it is difficult to culture. Culture can take up to 21 days.
Well at least your eye is getting better and not worse....
What did you do with the cat now - is he/she also on antibiotics??
Hope you have a nice weekend too - although I see we are going to get some real winter now!