Question
Posted by: JJ | 2008/07/09

Cat scratch

I was just wondering... my friends 4 month old kitten gave me a small scratch yesterday, it doesn't look infected but I'm 11 weeks pregnants, so obviously it's a concern. Is it safe?

I agree with Kitty.

1
Posted by: Kitty | 2008/07/10

Hi there,

There should not be a problem... I have been doing a lot of research on toxoplasmosis (the bacteria cats may have) and it is found in the feaces of a cat, only if he has it & it is only secreted once for about a week in it's lifetime. So as long as you don't touch a cat's litter, wash all fruit & veg very well & don't work in the garden without gloves you should be fine...

Reply to Kitty