Question

cat pregnant

My cat is 4 and a half months old. Over the weekend there was a big male cat inside my house. I kicked him out and locked my cat inside, but she was maauwing allot. I' m sure she must be on heat. I would love to have one litter of small kittens, before I spay her. However I am worried that she might be too small or too young.

Dear Anon

She will be small at 4.5 months. Wait till she is over a year.

5
Posted by: also anon | 2009-11-24

My youngest kitty also went into season at about 4 months old. We had her spayed immediately, but she stayed really small. Don' t know if the fact that she went into her first season so very early contributed to that.
Please don' t let her have kittens - there are far too many kittens desperate for homes at rescue organisasions. And she is far too young herself.

Reply to also anon
Posted by: Chill | 2009-11-16

Unfortunately, you wouldn' t really be adding to the number of cats needing homes - you' d be adding to the number that have to be killed because there aren' t enough homes

I wish this myth of ' just one litter'  of kittens or puppies woud bite the dust!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: carol | 2009-11-16

please have her spayed ..I have 17 cats because of people like you , and my latest feral rescue is heavily pregnant :(

Reply to carol

Unless you are a registered breeder I don' t understand why you would want her to have a litter of kittens - All you are doing is adding to the already high number cats needing homes.

Posted by: Cybervet | 2009-11-16

Dear Anon

Reply to Cybervet