Posted by: Carol | 2009-01-04

Cat Lady ... kitty tummy help???

My latest addition , Tyson is a baby that was picked up on the side of the road at three weeks .... he had snuffles which I gave him moducare for and is now fine ..... apart from his tummy.

He has a permanently sloppy tummy , not watery tho ... he eats like a pig too .. and shows no other apparent problems.

I have had him on hills ID for upset tummies for two weeks now .. his stool has improved from very watery to a sloppy heap. He is 8 weeks old now very playful .

Any ideas of this one ???? He has been dewormed thinking perhaps a nasty infestation of roundworm??? although I dont see any signs of worms.

Dear Carol

Worm him with Panacur. This will killl Giardia as well and put him on protexin for 2 months.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-01-05

Thanks people :)

Will get Protexin next time I go to Ballito.... wont get it in the bundu where I am.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009-01-05

Of course I clean forgot about the Protexin. Sorry my mind was elsewhere.

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Gogga | 2009-01-05

Protexin powder on their food helps. It' s a probiotic.

Reply to Gogga
Posted by: Carol | 2009-01-05

Thats odd ???? but then again my ISP is telksommel ...:((( blast them ill phone them and find out whats up.

I wonder who else has the same problem.

Im sorry to hear about your kitty.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009-01-04

Hi Carol

Sorry can' t help you there. Probably a trip down to the vet is in order.

As you can see from my posting to Chill re the GSD, one of my ginger cats died and I am now down to only 14 cats and 5 dogs. Good luck with Tyson

By the way the " funnies"  we sometimes send to each other, I always get yours but mine to yours come back with some gobbly gook messsage.

Reply to Cat Lady