Question
Posted by: Jen | 2011-05-26

Cat is a glutton

I have a cat who is otherwise really healthy and seems happy (as far as you can really tell with cats!). The problem is he will not stop eating! He gets fed what is supposed to be the right amount of good food (Hills) and only twice daily. But he is constantly asking for food, eats various birds &  things from the garden (hate when cats do that!), and then goes &  steals our other cat''s food, and I am pretty sure he''s burglarising the neighbours'' cats'' food too.

He is starting to get fatter and I don''t really know what to do. He''s been dewormed, so I don''t think it''s worms, and he is neutered. I don''t want him to become hugely overweight as that won''t be healthy for him. I don''t know how old he is as he was a stray, but the vet estimates he''s between 3 and 5.

How do I curb his insatiable appetite!

Hello Jen,

Please the article at the top of this forum:

"Dealing with pet obesity".

Keep us updated on your cat's progress.

Dr Campbell