Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-30

Cat has no balance

I noticed yesterday that my cat had no balance and was holding his head to the left side.
He has only been eating soft food and refused to eat his normal pellets.
he has also lost some weight

Hi Anon

Given the severity of the problems I would advise that you go to your vet for a clinical examination.

Head tilts maybe due to ear problems - mites, middle or inner ear, certain types of ear treatment, idiopathic, head trauma, cancer, encephalitis.

Posted by: Chill | 2010-08-30

If you''re lucky, he has an ear infection. If not, it''s possibly something worse. Either way, your vet is going to have to have a look, and I would suggest you don''t wait too long, because the cat is ill and the longer you wait, the harder it''s going to be to treat.

Reply to Chill