Question
Posted by: KAT | 2010/05/04

cat flu

Hi my dog just got cat flu, and i''m taking care of it at home. myt question is, i''m 9wks pregnant and i''m a bit worried, can i get it??? is it safe for me to take care of him or should i take him away???

hallo Kat
Humans won't get cat flu - but please always wash your hands after handling your dog. There is a vaccination for dogs available against this virus so vaccinate him when he gets better!

2
Posted by: Leez | 2010/05/04

It''s apparently not contagious to humans. My doggy had it some years ago and I looked after him like a baby, lots of contact and I still remained fit as a fiddle, as did my entire family. Good luck with him.

Reply to Leez
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/04

hallo Kat