Posted by: Jaygee | 2009-04-04

Cat disappearing

Hello, I am very heartbroken. I took in a few wild cats 7 years ago and one of the adults, who we sterilised etc, became a beloved pet and companion to me. He was tame and loving and for 7 years my little shadow who followed me everywhere. 10 Days ago I noticed that when he went to the sandbox, he got into a strange, stiff position and stayed like this for awhile just lifting his back paws. He did this a few times and I started to think he was constipated. I went out for 2 hours, came back and he was gone and now 10 days later he has not come back. I am guessing he was ill and went back to die in his place of birth, but not sure. I really long for him and wish I could have got him to the vet, but I dont know where he is.
Can u explain this weird behaviour? He did appear on the wall one day later and just look at me for a few minutes then disappear again and since then no sign of him. Is there a chance he will survive and come back or do u think he must have died from an illness?
Thanks alot from a very heartbroken person

Dear Jaygee

Sounds like a blocked bladder or severe constipation. If it was one of these the prognoses without medical care is not great.