Cat colour

I am thinking of getting a cat, and my boyfriend will only agree to a black one, as he says they have the best personality. Is there any scientific link between a cats hair colour and its personality?

Dear Anon

Tortioseshell cats can often behave irrationally.

Posted by: Zarathustra | 2009-07-03

Dear Ash,

One of the biggest lessons one needs to learn in life is that you should never understimate the education of the person you consider to be uneducated.

I hd a good laugh at your answer, because it is clear that your education in the philosophy of religion did not extend to the works of Nietsche as then you would have understood the Zarathustra reference nd would have read my comment in a different vein.

Still the cat colour question was really stupid and someone needed to be ridiculed for it.

Reply to Zarathustra

Thanks for the early morning laugh cybervet - I think the previous post must be from a tortoishell :)

Posted by: Zarathustra | 2009-07-01

I can' t beleive this post. All cats are God' s cats. People who look at their colour makes the Baby Jesus cry. Shame on you for even thinking this.

You need to go see Angus Buchan immediately so that you can start mending your evil ways. And i know this is off topic. But it sounds to me like you and the boyfriend are living in sin. I simply can' t see how you can think of bringing a cat into such an ungodly relationship.

Find Angus, he will help you find the lord.

Reply to Zarathustra
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009-07-01

Its not the colour of the cat that makes its personality but the type of breed you choose. I have four black cats and they all have toally different personalities. One is hissing spitfire when another cat (we have13) comes past in her turf and she is very skittish, my next black cat is so affectionate that he jumps whilst I am standing up to take washing off the line because he thinks its time for his cuddle - my daughter calls him " Screwloose" ! The third black cat is a sweetie and hangs on my neck when I am doing dishes and the last one klapped every other cat that came near him. Does this answer your question. You can Google for " Cat Breeds"  and check their personalities out and yes, different species have different temperaments.

Reply to Cat Lady