Question
Posted by: Auntie | 2009-04-28

cat bringing prey into the house

my partner is very upset with his cat bringing all her prey (mainly mice) into the house she then plays with them and sometimes they escape by running behind furniture where she cannot reach them. What can we do or is this normal ?behaviour? She is a beaurtiful long hair young stray cat that adopted us about 6 months ago.

Dear Auntie

Normal behaviour for cats.

3

You should not get cats If you just want to give them away !

They are hunters bu nature and just want to come and show you what they ahave chaught ! They are the perfect companion and will always be by your side. I have 2 cats and I love them to bits.

You are either a dog person or a cat person, so stop giving them away you should not have gotten them in the first place !
They deserve a warm home and lots of love.

Posted by: Enough of that | 2009-04-29

The things that our cat brought inside were bad enough but when he started 2 do bungy jumping with the lounge curtains my wife really freaked out. The next day she took him 2 the SPCA + asked them 2 find a home 4 him. Our 2 Jack Russles have never ever done things like that so we will also just keep dogs.

Reply to Enough of that
Posted by: Big dog lover | 2009-04-29

Welcome 2 the the world of happy cat owners. We only had 1 cat, also a stray that the kids found in a supermarket. Mice, spiders, crickets, locusts  you name it + she caught it + brought it into the house. The last straw was waking up 1 Sunday morning 2 find the lounge floor covered in feathers from a pidgeon. My wife said " no more"  so we gave her away 2 people who wanted a cat. Bear in mind that a cat is by nature a hunter, most of them catch these things + bring them inside. We are dog lovers + will stay that way.

Reply to Big dog lover