Question
Posted by: Candice | 2010/09/08

Cat at home

We got our cat when she was just 6 weeks old. Since we got her she has mainly been an indoor cat. During the day she stays in the house and only goes out when we get home until we go to sleep (about 5pm - 11pm). However, sometimes she would stay indoors even when we are at home and the front door is open.

Sometimes we have to go somewhere for the weekend and we leave her at home. That means she has to stay indoors from Thursday night until Sunday afternoon.

Do you think it''s bad for her to be home alone for that long without being able to go out? Would it be better if we took her along? We tried that once, but she was so stressed that we don''t really want to do that again.

Everytime we have to go somewhere I stress about our cat staying at home. She''s like our child and we don''t want to do anything that can harm her.

What

Hi Candice

I would suggest that you leave her at home - she appears to stressed to travel. You must keep her environment as enriched as possible and have someone constantly checking on her well being when you are away. If you wanted you could always install a cat flap - there are new cat flaps available that are activated by the cats microchip therefore limiting access to only your cat.

2
Posted by: lp | 2010/09/08

Nothing will happen to the cat...we also do it :) just leave some toys for him to play with...

Reply to lp
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/09/08

Hi Candice

Reply to CyberVet