Question
Posted by: sharon winder | 2009/11/25

cat anxiety behaviour

Please could you help me with my 1 year old cat. She is half siamese so very highly strung and hyper active. The last few weeks she has been getting these attacks where she salivates and drools just before the attack takes over. She literally flings herself agaisnt the walls meouing frantically as this kind of attack occurs. It generally lasst for about 10 seconds. My concern is that she is now injuring herself in the process as she does not seem to have any control over them. Once the attack is over she is absolutely calm and sits staring into space and then gets very affectionate. She was urinating where ever she was lying before the attack took place and that could be on the couch or bed and she would make this peculiar noise and then start to drool obviously getting into a panic that she could not get outside in time and I had this checked out at the vet who said there was no urine infection ect. I have been given anti depressant tablets but only give her these every now and again as they change her personality dramatically and she just sits around looking into space and hardly moves. Pleasee advise, thank you so much.

Dear Sharon

It sounds like a mild form of epilepsy to me.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/30

Dear Sharon

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: annemare | 2009/11/26

I really dont know but it sounds almost like someone having an epileptic fit. google the words - do cats get epilepsy - you will see a whole lot of information there that may help you. good luck

Reply to annemare