Posted by: Keith | 2011-05-04

Cat Allergy

Just a question, can cats cause Asthma, even if you have have never had it in your life?

Unfortunately, yes. There is treatment but you will have to consult an allergy specialist to assist you.

Posted by: Jay | 2011-05-24

I used to have trouble breathing whenever I was near a cat. A few years ago I had to live with my brother and his wife for a few months and they had 2 cats in the house. The first few weeks I could feel difficulty breathing, it made a wheazing sound and my chest felt tight. After a few weeks, I think my body got used to it because the difficult breathing and sneezing just disappeared. I don''t know if everyone''s body reacts in the same way, but you might want to do some de-sensitising therapy. Check with your doc, though, before you do anything.

PS: I now live with 2 cats in the house, no problem.

Reply to Jay