Question
Posted by: Friend | 2010/07/07

CAT after-effects

My housemate of several years goes on CAT binges approximately every four weeks. He then disappears for two-four days. He had another one last weekend: It started on Wednesday night and he came back on Friday morning. He went out again on the Friday night - he didn''t look himself and I tried my best to keep him at home. He came home on Sunday morning.

He has since been extremely depressed and slightly anxious. I know that such symptoms are common after a binge but how look does it usually last? It is now Wednesday evening.

I know the real issue is treatment (or do you think it is unnecessary?). I have spoken to him about it on several occasions and have given him contact numbers. He has now finally admitted that he isn''t coping and that he needs help.He is however so depressed that he isn''t up to doing anything. He sleeps almost all the time.

this brings me to my second question: what is the first kind of help he needs? To see a psychiatrist or an addiction counsellor? I also don''t know when depression due to withdrawal becomes ordinary (non-substance induced/withdrawal) depression.

i look forward to hearing from you.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear friend

You are 100% correct. The true and only anawer is treatment. Your friend needs to book an urgent asessment with the Clinical Director at Harmony who can be e mailed at: reception@harmonyclinic.co.za or on 021 790 7779

regards

3
Posted by: CaT | 2010/09/07

Oh thanks for editing my post (sigh)

Reply to CaT
Posted by: CaT | 2010/08/18

I have a few questions for U as the worried housemate.
1. Are you male of female?
2. Have you every used?
Now tell me & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash 
Has your housemate ever stolen anything from you or murdered anyone?
Has he ever pawned anything from the house or sold his body for… ?
Do you like your housemate - Do you have feeling for him?
& mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash & mdash 

Reply to CaT
Posted by: Addictions Expert Forum | 2010/07/10

Dear friend

regards

Reply to Addictions Expert Forum