Question
Posted by: XX | 2011/07/11

CAT

I have a question of what is exactly responsible in ones body for some people experiencing anxiety, depression and coming down badly for days or up to a week, while others don''t experience any negative feelings after using CAT. I have taken CAT one night with friends and I felt like slitting my wrists the next few days while they felt all ok and like they have never taken the drug. Do some people just have higher levels of something in their body that it doesn''t affect them badly?

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Good afternoon and thank you for your post.
Cat is a highly toxic and illegal street drug, therefore it is important to not start comparing the side effects of illegal drugs.
The best way to approach any addiction is to seek help from professional in patient treatment.
Wishing you the warmest of regards
The Harmony Team
021 790 7779

3
Posted by: Charlie | 2011/10/05

Dear Richard, I dont want to sound negative, but a positive result for the last 24 days??? sounds like he had been using again. I remember when my son was addicted to heroin(over ten years) he attended group session while he was high as a kite!! and lied to me like there was no tomorrow!! On a positive note, he is clean and off drugs for over 5 years now, so it can be done, but it took a very long time and a huge effort from him, don''t ever give up on your friend, love and support him but at all times don''t let him manipulate you, they are experts at that. My son was in about 5 rehab centres, had several overdoses(last one nearly killed him and left him with slight brain damage) but in the end it was up to him only. Good luck to you and your friend!

Reply to Charlie
Posted by: Richard | 2011/09/19

After 10 years of being on CAT my friend try to come clean now. He has been to a clinic and attend support groups. What bothers me is that he is testing (urine test) positive for the last 24 days. Could somebody please tell me how long does this S*& % stays in the human body.

Reply to Richard
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/07/12

Wishing you the warmest of regards
The Harmony Team
021 790 7779

Reply to Addictions expert