Question
Posted by: Old | 2010/09/20

Cat

My kitty is staying with someone else for a while.

They have a garden with lots of sand and apparently my cat and their cat loves to play in the sand. My cat has mostly been an inside cat so now after playing in the sand had a lot of fleas. They treated her with stuff now and no more fleas for now but she has so many scabs over her little body and she can''t stop scratching herself - till she bleeds. Is there something more that can be done so that the wounds heal properly? Maybe an ointment of some kind?

Hi Old

You have no need to clean the skin. I would advise that you take your cat to the vet for a coarse of antibiotics and antihistamine/cortisone injection. This will alleviate the symptoms and allow the scabs to heal.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/09/22

Hi Old

Reply to CyberVet